Job No: 496737
Position Type: part-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Languages, Cultures & Linguistics
The Department of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics (LCL) at Bucknell University invites applicants for a two-semester, adjunct professor of American Sign Language (ASL) and Deaf Culture Lecturer for the AY 2021-22. The LCL department is strongly committed to develop the ASL Program, hence this one-year appointment is offered with the possibility of renewal. Primary duties include teaching two 0.5 credit courses (SIGN 101) in Fall 21 and two 0.5 credit courses (SIGN 102), as well as an 1.0 credit intensive course (SIGN 101A) in Spring 22. A Deaf Culture content-course may also be considered. Candidates that are deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply.
- An earned degree in ASL, Deaf Studies, Deaf Education, Interpreting or a closely related field from an accredited institution
- Evidence of ASL skills at an American Sign Language Proficiency Interview (ASLPI)-level 4 or higher
- A minimum of two years of experience teaching ASL
- Documentation of excellence in teaching (e.g., from course evaluations or other evidence)
- RID Certification or other nationally recognized Certification
Please submit the following information through Bucknell's online career site (careers.bucknell.edu):
- A cover letter
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Teaching philosophy statement, including commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Most recent teaching evaluations
- Names and contact information for 3 references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496737/asl-adjunctlecturer
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency