R-9138 Teacher, Elementary Alabama School for the Deaf
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Revised & Re-Advertised
Posting Date: June 16, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Teacher, Elementary
Alabama School for the Deaf
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa ,Tuscumbia, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Special Education (HI Certification) or Deaf/Hard of Hearing Education from an accredited college/university or related field.
- Utilize full range of communication and language levels including use of sign, spoken language, and any additional modes of communication.
- Must provide recent documentation of sign language proficiency (SCPI) or take a sign language proficiency evaluation (SCPI) available through AIDB.
- Must possess a sign language proficiency evaluation of INTERMEDIATE upon employment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Possess skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Special Education and/or Deaf Education from an accredited college/university.
- One (1) year or more of classroom experience.
- A sign language proficiency evaluation of ADVANCED upon employment.
MANDATORY ANNUAL TRAINING:
- Medication Training
- Behavior Management certification
- CPR - every 2 years
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Using an AED
- Mandatory Reporting - DHR
- Policy and Procedure Review
- Erin's Law
- Jason Flatt Act
- Must have or be able to obtain an Alabama Teaching Certificate within the first six (6) months of employment date.
- Must have or be able to obtain a HI Certification within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Must have or be able to obtain certification in Elementary Education within first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Must possess sign language proficiency level of INTERMEDIATE upon employment. INTERMEDIATE PLUS must be obtained within 24 months of employment. ADVANCED must be obtained within 36 months of employment.
- Sign at all times while on campus or at ASD sponsored events.
- A willingness to teach other subject areas as needed and depending on the schedule of our students.
- Provide comprehensive instruction to students at ASD that includes developing and implementing lesson plans, maintaining documentation of student progress in subject matter, use of differentiated instruction that is based on individual student needs.
- Develop and implement an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for each assigned student in the ASD program based on school curriculum and state standards. Must be able to conduct IEP meetings with parents and colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB."
SALARY: $43,263-$57,620 Scale l1 Rank 2T (BS-Class B)
$50,711 - $66,180 Scale l1 Rank 1T (MA-Class A)
$53,986- $69,937 Scale l1 Rank AA (AA Certification)
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14432&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency