This ad is expired.
R-9271 Case Management Aide (primarily serving Individuals who are Deaf and DeafBlind) Talladega Regional Center Office of Field Services
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R-9271 Reference: 996460052
Posting Date: June 10, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Case Management Aide (primarily serving Individuals who are Deaf and DeafBlind)
Talladega Regional Center | Office of Field Services
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Tuscumbia, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization's most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work.
The Talladega Regional Center provides a continuum of services to individuals from infancy through adulthood. The Case Management Aide is an integral part of the Talladega Regional Center team by assisting with the development, expansion, and provision of unique programs and services for individuals who are Deaf, Blind, and/or DeafBlind. This role provides direct services in a variety of areas including case management, money management, supportive housing, transportation, and other Regional Center programs and services. The ideal candidate is one who is self-motivated, possesses good organization skills, and excels while working in a fast-paced team environment.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture is reinforced and that employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of the Institute. You will play a vital role in the lives of our consumers and be a part of the miracles that happen every day at AIDB. This will be accomplished by demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude and professional maturity.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google G-Suite including Calendar, Sheets, Docs and Drive.
- Valid Alabama Driver License and be able to be insured by AIDB insurance carrier.
- Able to stoop, bend, and lift twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Minimum sign language proficiency level of INTERMEDIATE.
- Provide assistance related to various Regional Center programs and services.
- Assist with the Alabama Telecommunications Access Program (ATAP) by processing requests, applications, and the distribution of ATAP equipment.
- Participate in Health Fairs, Senior Citizen Events, and other events to advertise ATAP.
- Transport Regional Center staff and/or consumers to meetings or appointments to provide administrative and technical assistance as needed.
- Complete disability sensitivity training within the first thirty-six (36) days of employment.
- Possess a sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL upon employment and achieve SURVIVAL PLUS within the first twelve (12) months, INTERMEDIATE within the first twenty-four (24) months and INTERMEDIATE PLUS within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Must provide documentation of sign language proficiency evaluation (SCPI available through AIDB).
- Demonstrate competency in reading and writing Braille by scoring 80% or better on AIDB Braille Skills Assessment Inventory within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Work flexible hours, including early mornings, late afternoons, holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Assist in planning and participate in all regional center activities, i.e., White Cane, Deaf Awareness, educational workshops, social/community events, and/or statewide programs.
- Enter current consumer information into database as needed for consumer demographics.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
SALARY: $12.94 - $15.01 Scale C5 Rank 27 High School/GED
$13.53 - $15.74 Scale C5 Rank 29 30 Semester Hours
$14.50 - $16.91 Scale C5 Rank 32 60 Semester Hours
Semester hours must be in related field to receive credit
260 Days; Direct deposit is required; bi-monthly payroll This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- TRS retirement
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
- 12 paid holidays
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 24, 2022
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14421&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency