R-9275 Operations Coordinator- AIDB North Campus Reports to Executive Director Safety, Security and Transportation
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R-9275 Reference #31111005151 Posting Date: June 14, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Operations Coordinator- AIDB North CampusReports to Executive Director Safety, Security and Transportation
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Decatur, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Opelika, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Tuscumbia with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organizations' most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all and our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work. The expansion of programs in Decatur, Alabama, creates new opportunities and challenges as a new campus is being created. This position will provide oversight for all aspects of the campus relative to security, transportation, and physical plant (grounds). The position will be the primary point of contact with regard to operational maintenance, but will report to the appropriate administration for guidance and approvals as needed.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture of inclusion is reinforced and that employees feel safe, secure and proud to be a part of our organization. Your duties will include overseeing a 24 hour campus safety and security program for the AIDB-N campus. In addition, you will support transportation and physical plant needs on campus. This will be accomplished by being visible, thorough, and courteous with all associated with AIDB.
- Must possess a degree in Criminal Justice or related field
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years of security experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing a comprehensive campus based security program
- Proven experience in developing and implementing a comprehensive transportation system.
- Experience working with clientele who are Deaf, Blind or DeafBlind.
- Minimum of five (5) years in transportation development and oversight experience.
- Due to the broad scope of responsibilities preference will be given to experience and supervision with campus based security and transportation
- Must have the ability to effectively supervise staff within area of responsibilities
- Provide security personnel supervision, and assist with physical security of the campus to include access control, mass notification, and emergency procedures.
- Assist in developing and implementing a 24 hour safety and security program in accordance with Institute priorities and strategic planning.
- Coordinate community transportation, fleet management and maintenance.
- Assist with supervision of onsite maintenance personnel and grounds crew.
- Coordinate facility maintenance needs with PPD and local service providers
- Must possess a current and valid driver license.
- Proven knowledge of federal, state and county laws and policies concerning school transportation operations, maintenance and safety.
- Must obtain sign language of proficiency level of SURVIVAL PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system within the first thirty (36) months of employment.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available-Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
SALARY: $55,759 - $74,379 Scale PI Rank 56
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 28, 2022
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14427&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency