R-9277 Bus Guide- (Routes are subject to Change) Transportation
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R- 9277 Reference #99715005655
Posting Date: June 15, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION- Bus Guide- (Routes are subject to Change)
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime, from birth to senior adulthood. AIDB includes five campuses in Talladega, eight regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Tuscumbia with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Our Bus Guides are an integral part of AIDB's Transportation team, which also provides services throughout the entire organization. The Bus Guide assists the Bus Driver by providing a safe environment for AIDB's students or clients while providing assistance to sensory impaired passengers as needed. This may include administering medication, changing diapers, securing students in a car seats, and maintain discipline. Together while following all of AIDB policies and procedures the transportation team serves students at Alabama School for Deaf, Alabama School for Blind, the Helen Keller School, and E.H. Gentry. The Bus Guides report to the Transportation Director.
You will have an opportunity to use your professional expertise to engage with students and clients throughout our organization. At AIDB we are limitless and so are the possibilities for your professional growth and fulfillment.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must hold current valid CDL and an Alabama School Bus Driver's License or obtain within the first Twelve (12) months of employment.
- One (1) year of experience working with sensory impaired youth.
- Must register with the Drug and Alcohol Clearing House upon receiving your CDL.
- Must pass Managing Crisis Safely (MCS) Class within the first twelve (12) months of employment and maintain certification throughout employment as required.
- Must be insurable under AIDB fleet policy.
- Must be able to handle emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Must obtain wheelchair lift and securement certification within (6) months of employment.
- Must complete CPR/First Aide within the first twelve (12) months of employment and must maintain certification throughout tenure with AIDB.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first twelve (12) months of employment. INTERMEDIATE must be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
SALARY: $16.76 - $18.51 Scale HG Rank 01
Direct Deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Deadline for Application: June 29, 2022
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14430&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency