R-9279 Part-Time Driver -Tuscaloosa Regional Center Office of Field Services
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: June 21, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Part-Time Driver
Tuscaloosa Regional Center | Office of Field Services
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization's most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work.
The Tuscaloosa Regional Center provides a continuum of services to individuals from infancy through adulthood. Our Part-Time Drivers are an integral part of the Talladega Regional Center team by transporting individuals who are Blind/Visually Impaired, Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing, and DeafBlind to medical appointments, job related activities, or other necessary appointments. These roles provides direct services to consumers and staff while demonstrating professionalism, confidentiality, compassion, and sound judgement. The Transportation Program is an essential service for our community, and the ideal candidates are passionate about service and helping others live a life without limits.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture is reinforced and that employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of the company. You will play a vital role in the lives of our consumers and be a part of the miracles that happen every day at AIDB. This will be accomplished by demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude and professional maturity.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Alabama Driver's License and be able to be insured by AIDB insurance carrier.
- Access to a safe and properly insured automobile and provide proof of comprehensive automobile insurance for use on the job.
- Physically able to stoop, bend, and lift twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Current valid Alabama CDL with Passenger (P) or School Bus (S) endorsements, and DOT Physical
- Experience working with individuals who are Blind/Visually Impaired, Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing, and DeafBlind.
- Provide safe, reliable, and courteous transportation for individuals served.
- Provide assistance with paperwork as needed.
- Complete disability sensitivity training within the first thirty-six (36) days of employment.
- Achieve a sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Register for and provide AIDB access to FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse; if possesses CDL
- Attend wheelchair lift and securement training within (6) months of employment.
- Work flexible hours, including early mornings, late afternoons, holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Utilize map reading skills and/or the use of the Internet to obtain travel directions and mileage.
- Assist in planning and participate in all regional center activities, i.e., White Cane, Deaf Awareness, educational workshops, social/community events, and/or statewide programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
SALARY: $13.74 ScaleS1 Rank HS
Work Schedule - as needed not to exceed 29 hours a week
Direct deposit is required; bi-monthly payroll
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: July 5, 2022
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14439&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency