This ad is expired.
- R-9294 Part-Time Residential Aide (3rd Shift 😉 -Talladega Regional Center-Re-Advertised
- Go to our website »
R-9294 Part-Time Residential Aide (3rd Shift 😉 -Talladega Regional Center-Re-Advertised
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: March 16,2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Part-Time Residential Aide (3rd Shift 😉
Talladega Regional Center | Office of Field Services
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Shoals, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization's most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work.
Union Village is a collaborative project between AIDB and the Presbyterian Home for Children Inc. that provides safe, affordable, and accessible housing for individuals who are Deaf, Blind, Deafblind, and/or multi-disabled. Residential Aide(s) serve residents in the program by supporting meaningful home and community experiences through educational activities, recreation, transportation, and reinforcement of independent living skills. The position will also perform various tasks in accordance with program policies and procedures to ensure the overall safety and security of individuals served.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture of inclusion is reinforced and that residents in Union Village live independently, feel connected, and are proud to be a part of our organization. Through a collaborative team approach, you will provide services and supports that promotes the limitless potential of all individuals.
- High school diploma or GED from accrediting school or program.
- Must have a current Alabama Driver's License and be able to be covered by the AIDB insurance carrier.
- Must have access to a safe and properly insured automobile and provide proof of comprehensive automobile insurance.
- Must demonstrate maturity, self-motivation, and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Must be able to physically assist with physical needs of assigned wheelchair or physically disadvantaged consumers as their needs dictate.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds frequently during work shift and lift more than fifty pounds with assistance or use of an assistive device.
- Work a flexible schedule of primarily night (3nd Shift, 10p - 6a) and weekend hours as assigned by the TRC Director.
- Achieve a sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL within the first twelve (12) months, and INTERMEDIATE within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Complete Orientation to Blindness within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must complete CPR/First Aide and Behavior Management (CPI) Managing Crisis Safely (MCS) classes within the first twelve (12) months of employment and maintain certifications.
- Assist with various program elements such as safety and security procedures, educational activities, personal/home management, transportation, and recreation.
- Assist in planning and participate in all regional center activities, i.e., White Cane, Deaf Awareness, educational workshops, social/community events, and/or statewide programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $14.77 - $21.34 Scale HP Rank 40
$15.65 - $22.62 Scale HP Rank 42
Work Schedule - as needed; not to exceed 29 hours a week
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 30, 2023
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15160&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency