This ad is expired.
R-9295 Assistive Technology Instructor Alabama Freedom Center for the Blind Birmingham, AL - to move to Decatur, AL-Revised
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: July 19,2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of Blind or Low Vision and Deaf or Hard of Hearing and will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees that do not impose undue hardship and are not essential functions of the job.
POSITION: Assistive Technology Instructor
Alabama Freedom Center for the Blind
Birmingham, AL - to move to Decatur, AL
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled, and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, 10 regional centers located in Birmingham, Decatur, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Opelika, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Tuscumbia with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Alabama Freedom Center for the Blind (AFCB) Assistive Technology Instructor, you will have the opportunity to appraise students' technology skills through performance-based assessments and to prepare lesson plans inclusive of sequential, meaningful instruction geared to the student's assessed needs; Individualized Program Plan, Individualized Employment Plan and/or Personal Futures Plan; functioning and motivational levels. You will introduce and teach students all aspects of assistive technology using nonvisual skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft, Google and Salesforce platforms, iPhone and Android applications, and all forms of assistive technology devices for the blind and deafblind. You will also track and assess each student's daily progress. The role includes integrating other Structured Discovery curricula core components (Braille, Orientation & Mobility, Home Management, Residential Living, etc.) into lessons; updating and enhancing curriculum; participating in strategic planning and program marketing/public relations; and presenting internally and externally.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture is reinforced and that students and employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of AIDB and AFCB. This will be accomplished as you role-model problem-solving skills, critical-thinking abilities, and the confidence in your belief that blind people can experience limitless possibilities as they gain the same belief in themselves through their training experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Graduation from a Structured Discovery center, and demonstrated belief in the Structured Discovery philosophy.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Rehabilitation Teaching, Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information, and Technology Training, or related field.
- Demonstrated competency in BRAILLE by scoring 90% on the AIDB Braille Skills Assessment within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Completion of AIDB online training on Deafness, Blindness, Visual Impairments, DeafBlindness and Multiple Disabilities within first twelve (12) months of hire.
- Willingness to develop an understanding of alternate Structured Discovery methodologies for working with students with multiple disabilities.
- Ability to use online teaching tools for virtual learning when in-person classes cannot be offered.
- Proven ability to role model the use of alternative techniques by demonstrating problem-solving skills and critical-thinking while working with students.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
$36,863 - $54,339 Scale MR Rank 5A (HS and Structured Discovery Program
$40,035 - $60,721 Scale MR Rank 5B (BS- Class B Certification)
$41,932 - $63,553 Scale MR Rank 5M (MS- Class A Certification)
(260 Days) Monthly Payroll - Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of
the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- Teachers Retirement System
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
Bi-Monthly Payroll (260 Days)
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14513&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency