R-9326 Board Certified Behavior Analyst Autism Program E. H. Gentry Facility
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: August 1, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations
POSITION: Board Certified Behavior Analyst
Autism Program - E. H. Gentry Facility
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime, from birth to senior adulthood. AIDB includes five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Decatur, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Opelika, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Tuscumbia with programs that range from early and senior intervention to traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are our most valuable resource. This position will serve individuals of all ages who have multiple disabilities and challenging behaviors, for the purpose of providing a safe and successful learning environment. Using client centered assessments and data to guide program based decisions, the Behavior Analyst will work with individuals and their stakeholders to provide training and individualized consultative services through a collaborative team approach. The Behavior Analyst will also provide supervision, oversight and training to Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) and other school personnel on skills acquisition programs and behavior reduction strategies. The Behavior Analyst will serve as a member of the IEP team, leading the Functional Behavior Assessment process as well as the development of Behavior Intervention Plans.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture of inclusion is reinforced by developing behavior plans and programs that promote the provision of comprehensive educational services to sensory impaired individuals. Through a collaborative team approach, you will have an opportunity to use your professional expertise to provide services and support that champion the limitless potential of all individuals.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Education or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must be a Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA).
- Minimum of two (2) years working with individuals with developmental disabilities and challenging behaviors as well as training staff, parents and teachers
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently, exercising discretion and good judgment.
- Must maintain high ethical standards and confidentiality throughout all duties.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Education or related field, Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) license/certification
- Must hold licensure from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) AND the State of Alabama, Department of Mental Health, Alabama Behavior Analyst Licensing Board
- Complete Managing Crisis Safely program or other crisis prevention program as designed by administration within the first six (6) months of employment
- Attend and plan workshops, conferences and other staff development activities, traveling by air and/or car up to 10% annually (with some occasional overnight stay)
- Must possess a valid driver's license and eligible to be insured by AIDB insurance carriers
- .A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first twelve (12) months of employment, INTERMEDIATE PLUS within the first thirty-six (36) months.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available-Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
SALARY: Scale $47,473 - $63,333 D4 Rank 52 (Bachelors)
Scale $50,368- $67,190 D4 Rank 54 (Masters)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 15,2022
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Direct deposit is required.
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14585&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency