This ad is expired.
R-9327 Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) - RISE Autism - E. H. Gentry Facility
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: August 1, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations
POSITION: Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
RISE Autism - E. H. Gentry Facility
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa ,Tuscumbia, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are our most valuable resource. This position will serve individuals of all ages who have multiple disabilities and challenging behaviors, for the purpose of providing a safe and successful learning environment. Using client centered assessments and data to guide program based decisions, the Registered Behavior Technician will work with individuals and their stakeholders to provide individualized services through a collaborative team approach. The Registered Behavior Technician will receive supervision, oversight, and training on skills acquisition programs and behavior reduction strategies from a Board Certified Behavior Analyst in order to ensure successful implementation of programs.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture of inclusion is reinforced by implementing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) programs and plans that promote the provision of comprehensive educational services to sensory impaired individuals. Through a collaborative team approach, you will have an opportunity to use your professional expertise to provide services and support that champion the limitless potential of all individuals.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess an active Registered Behavior Technician certification through the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) or willing to become BACB certified within 60 days of employment. Training certification must occur through the Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) or a designated program identified by RISE Autism.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a classroom setting with individuals who are deaf, blind, deafblind, and/or multi-disabled.
- Past work history that indicates good interpersonal skills (i.e. be able to develop and maintain rapport with staff, students, parents, and other stakeholders); good judgment; the ability to be motivating, creative and flexible; and the ability to exercise individual initiative.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer technology: Windows operating systems, iOS, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must maintain certification from the BACB as outlined in the BACB RBT Handbook.
- Work collaboratively with a BCBA to assist with ABA assessments and apply evidenced based behavior analytical techniques and teaching procedures that will promote communication, independence and social skills.
- Must maintain high ethical standards and confidentiality throughout all duties.
- Must maintain accurate and detailed behavior and skill acquisition data during sessions. Data collection must be entered into a designated electronic data management system.
- Must be willing to provide support with other RISE initiatives outside of the RBT position.
- Must complete AIDB online training on Deafness, Blindness, Deafblindness and Multiple Disabilities within 12 months of employment.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading and writing Braille by scoring 80% or better on the AIDB Braille Skills Assessment Inventory within thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- A sign language proficiency level of Survival Plus according to the AIDB evaluation system upon employment. A sign language proficiency level of INTERMEDIATE must
- be obtained within the first twenty-four (24) months of employment and A sign language proficiency level of INTERMEDIATE PLUS must be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Must provide documentation of sign language proficiency evaluation (SCPI available through AIDB).
- Complete Managing Crisis Safely program or other crisis prevention program as designed by administration within the first six (6) months of employment.
- Attend workshops, conferences and other staff development activities, traveling by air and/or car, with some occasional overnight stay.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and eligible to be insured by AIDB insurance carriers.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check by an agency designated and paid by AIDB.
SALARY: $19.19- $23.05 C2 Scale 41Rank 197 Days
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available ,Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 15,2022
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Direct deposit is required.
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14586&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency