This ad is expired.
R-9328 ESL Teacher- Alabama School for the Blind
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date- August 1, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: ESL Teacher
Alabama School for the Blind
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Tuscumbia, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Education from an accrediting school or program.
- Must have an Alabama Teaching Certificate in the area of English as a Second Language or be able to obtain one within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must possess a braille proficiency level of PROFICIENT within 36 months of employment
- Demonstrated experience in following verbal and written communication.
- Master's degree in Education from an accrediting school or program.
- Possess one (1) year or more of ESL classroom experience.
- Conduct initial screeners of students who indicate a primary home language other than English on the AIDB Home Language Survey (i.e. WIDA).
- Conduct Individual English Learning Plan meetings at ASB, ASD, and HKS.
- A willingness to teach other subject areas as needed and depending on the schedule of our students.
- Participate in the writing and monitoring of I-ELPs,
- Administer state assessments to EL students to measure language proficiency.
- Implement research based strategies for English language acquisition
- Coordinate instruction with classroom teacher and provide support and resources
- Attend professional development opportunities and share information with AIDB staff
- Other duties assigned
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
Behavior Management recertification
CPR - every 2 years
Blood Borne Pathogens
Using an AED
Mandatory Reporting - DHR
Policy and Procedure Review
Jason Flatt Act
SALARY: $43,263- $57,260 Scale l1 Rank 2T (BS-Class B)
$50,711 - $66,180 Scale l1 Rank 1T (MA-Class A)
$53,986 - $69,937 Scale l1 Rank AA (AA Certification)
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
Direct deposit required. Annual salary based on hours scheduled to work each academic school year (187 days).
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14584&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency