R-9330 Groundsman II Physical Plant Department- AIDB North (Decatur)
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R-9330 Reference #311157058 Posting Date: August 2, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
POSITION: Groundsman II
Physical Plant Department- AIDB North (Decatur)
DEFINITION: This is a skilled position involving all phases of grounds work; emphasis may be in a particular area such as plants, turf, or equipment. Supervision is not required while performing tasks.
- Must possess a valid State of Alabama Driver License and be able to be insured by the AIDB insurance carrier.
- Must have completed at least 8th
- Must have training and/or two (2) years of related work experience.
- Must have physical ability to perform assigned duties.
- Must have general knowledge of grounds maintenance.
- Must have experience in operating all size equipment.
- Must have landscaping skills.
- Must be able to work unsupervised on assigned tasks.
- Must have the ability to understand and implement written and oral instructions.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
- Routine Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
Operating push mowers
Operating light tractor
Operating heavy equipment
Planting shrubs and trees
Moving furniture, etc.
Other duties related to grounds-keeping
- Must maintain all the grounds for AIDB in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Grounds Foreman and Director of Physical Plant
SALARY: $12.94-$15.01 C5 Rank 27
(260 days) Monthly Payroll
Direct deposit is required.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available-Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 16, 2022
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14587&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency