R-9331 -Security Guard -Campus Safety and Security Department (DECATUR CAMPUS)
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: August 2, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing and for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations
POSITION: Security Guard
Campus Safety and Security Department (DECATUR CAMPUS)
WORK SCHEDULE: 260 days
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa ,Tuscumbia, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Security experience or active reserve duty desired, but not required.
- During the last five years, applicant must have spent at least two years on a job that required standing/walking for long periods of time.
- Must possess a valid Alabama Driver License and be eligible to be insured by AIDB insurance carriers.
- Must present a positive public image.
- Must be able to deal well with public/people.
- Must possess good written and oral communication.
- Must be able to follow written communication.
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions.
- Must be highly self-motivated.
- Must have past work record which demonstrates a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first twelve (12) months of employment; a sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
- Report any trespassers to local law enforcement agency and document accordingly.
- Ensures security of building.
- Completes investigations and reports findings.
- Work cooperatively with AIDB personnel to serve students.
- Work cooperatively with community agencies.
- Participates in all training sessions and workshops provided.
- Prepares and submits reports in a timely manner.
- Communicates directives clearly.
- Follows AIDB rules and regulations, enforces AIDB's policies and procedures.
- Maintains and enforces traffic and parking regulations.
- Responds to campus security needs.
- Checks buildings, doors, and facilities to ensure security.
- Communicates efficiently on two-way radio and cellular phone.
- Locks and secures building(s).
- Participates in in-service and development activities.
- Interacts appropriately with clients and families.
- Works flexible schedule as required including nights and weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $12.94 - $15.01 per hour Scale C5 Rank 27
Annual salary based on hours scheduled to work each academic school year.
Direct deposit is required.
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: August 16, 2022
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14588&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency