R-9333 TEACHER (Driver Education) Career Technical Dept. Alabama School for the Deaf
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date-August 4, 2022
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of Blind or Visually Impaired and Deaf or Hard of Hearing and will make reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees that do not impose undue hardship and are not essential functions of the job.
POSITION: TEACHER (Driver Education) - Career Technical Dept.
Alabama School for the Deaf
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa ,Tuscumbia, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
.ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organizations' most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and we invite you to be a part of the miracles that happen every day.
As a High School Teacher for Alabama School for the Deaf (ASD) you will be responsible for working in a specialized classroom with students who are deaf, hard of hearing, deafblind, and multi disabled. ASD is committed to meet our students where they are. The right candidate for this job will have a passion working with students and colleagues to ensure all students receive a world class education.
You will play a vital role in the lives of our students and be a part of the miracles that happen every day at AIDB and ASD. This will be accomplished by demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude, agility, and professional maturity.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Special Education (HI Certification), Deaf/Hard of Hearing Education, or related field from an accredited college/university.
- Utilize full range of communication and language levels including use of sign, spoken language, and any additional modes of communication.
- Must provide recent documentation of sign language proficiency (SCPI) or take a sign language proficiency evaluation (SCPI) available through AIDB.
- Must possess a sign language proficiency evaluation of INTERMEDIATE upon employment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Possess skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Master's Degree in Special Education and/or Deaf Education from an accredited college/university.
- One (1) year or more of classroom experience.
- A sign language proficiency evaluation of ADVANCED upon employment.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain an Alabama Teaching Certificate in Deaf Education (HI) and obtain Driver Education certification within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Third Party Testing Certification within the first nine (9) weeks of employment (giving the teacher the ability to certify a student's driving portion of the Driver's License test without having to carry them to the driver license office).
- Must possess a sign language proficiency of INTERMEDIATE upon employment.
- Must possess a sign language proficiency of ADVANCED within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Must sign at all time on ASD campus and ASD sponsored events.
- Provide comprehensive instruction to students at ASD that includes developing and implementing lesson plans, maintaining documentation of student progress in subject matter, use of differentiated instruction that is based on individual student needs.
- Develop and implement Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for each assigned student in the ASD program based on school curriculum and state standards. Must be able to conduct IEP meetings with parents and colleagues.
- A willingness to teach other subject areas as needed and depending on the schedule of our students.
- Use tact and friendliness with parents and all other non-staff personnel in a constant public relations program.
- Attend and assist with extra-curricular activities (YAP, Various Parades, Career Day, Athletic Events, Clubs and Organizations, after school events, etc.).
- Maintain Driver Education car and its maintenance, such as but not limited to washing, report to transportation for scheduled maintenance, express concerns about vehicle operation and/or repairs needed.
- Make arrangements to obtain proper documentation needed for students to take driver license permit test and return when process completed.
- Arrange for student to go to driver license office to take permit test.
- Prepare, maintain and provide all 3rd party testing documentation as required by the State Department.
- Meet with State Department personnel/inspectors as requested and provide proper documentation of procedures.
- Participate in professional development workshops, conferences and staffing needed to maintain driver education certification and 3rd party testing.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB.
MANDATORY ANNUAL TRAINING
Behavior Management recertification
CPR - every 2 years
Blood Borne Pathogens
Using an AED
Mandatory Reporting - DHR
Policy and Procedure Review
Jason Flatt Act
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available-Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
SALARY: $43,263- $57,260 Scale l1 Rank 2T (BS-Class B)
$50,711 - $66,180 Scale l1 Rank 1T (MA-Class A)
$53,986 - $69,937 Scale l1 Rank AA (AA Certification)
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14592&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency