This ad is expired.
R-9411 Interpreter Coordinator -Dothan Regional Center Office of Field Services
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R- 9411 Reference #686005252
Posting Date: October 26, 2022
Blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing candidates are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for disabled individuals. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Interpreter Coordinator
Dothan Regional Center | Office of Field Services
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including seven campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Shoals - including new locations in Opelika and Decatur - and programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization's most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work.
The Shoals Regional Center provides a continuum of services to individuals from infancy through adulthood. Our Interpreter Coordinators provide interpreting services, sign language instruction, and community education workshops and training sessions. They interpret for Deaf, DeafBlind, and Hard of Hearing individuals and groups in legal, business, medical, personal, and/or service delivery settings within AIDB and the community. Interpreter Coordinators are responsible for securing interpreting agreements with various community agencies and making presentations to various agencies and groups about deaf awareness and interpreting services. You will also be responsible for periodic in-service meetings and trainings, maintaining an interpreting database, scheduling, billing, and payroll.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture is reinforced and that employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of the company. You will play a vital role in the lives of our consumers and be a part of the miracles that happen every day at AIDB. This will be accomplished by demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude and professional maturity.
- Possess and maintain Alabama Interpreter Licensure upon employment.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws related to interpreting.
- Valid driver license, an automobile for use on the job, and liability insurance in effect.
- One (1) year or more of formal work experience interpreting for the Deaf/DeafBlind.
- One (1) year or more of coordinating interpreting services.
- Possess a minimum entry sign language proficiency level of ADVANCED according to AIDB evaluation system (SLPI/SCPI); and ADVANCED PLUS must be obtained within the first thirty -six (36) months of employment.
- Must provide documentation of sign language proficiency evaluation (SCPI available through AIDB).
- Provide and coordinate Interpreting Services.
- Must be willing to travel on a daily basis.
- Willing and able to work flexible schedules to include holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Assist in planning and participate in all regional center activities, i.e., White Cane, Deaf Awareness, educational workshops, social/community events, and/or statewide programs.
- Enter current consumer information into a database as needed for consumer demographics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
SALARY: $49,358- $74,696 Scale PI Rank IC
260 Days; Direct deposit is required; bi-monthly payroll
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Ac
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- TRS retirement
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14788&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency