This ad is expired.
R-9444 Plumber II -Central Maintenance Services / Physical Plant
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R-9444 Reference #118557058
Posting Date: November 22, 2022
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Plumber II
Central Maintenance Services / Physical Plant
This is a skilled work of a Journeyman level. Employees in this class perform skilled plumbing tasks and do this according to the state and national plumbing codes and regulations. This person supervises helpers and subordinates and checks their work as to codes and regulations. Supervision over this position is not required. This person works from blueprints and drawings and is responsible for all operations as assigned by the Director of the Physical Plant and reports to the Director of the Physical Plant.
- High school diploma or equivalent with supplemental training of at least two years in the field of plumbing maintenance. This supplemental training may be offset by years of experience if expertise in plumbing systems is proven.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of plumbing experience as a plumbing foreman or crew leader with the ability to obtain a State of Alabama Journeyman Plumbers certification within twenty four (24) months of employment and/or five (5) years of institutional plumbing maintenance experience with the ability to obtain a State of Alabama Journeyman Plumbers certification within twenty four (24) month of employment.
- Must have a valid State of Alabama Drivers' License
- Must maintain all buildings for AIDB in a professional manner.
- Must have knowledge of all building plumbing systems.
- Must be able to work within the requirements of all codes.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have skills in diagnosing, repairing and detecting defective plumbing systems and piping systems.
- Must possess the ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Must have skills in reading prints, direction and instructions in regard to plumbing systems and piping maintenance.
- Must be safety oriented and display safety habits at all times.
- Must be knowledgeable of all plumbing and piping equipment and supplies.
- Must have understanding of all building systems and the relation of these to the plumbing system.
- Must be available when off duty for callbacks as needed.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first 36 months of employment.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB."
(Routine tasks include but are not limited to the following)
- Perform routine plumbing tasks such as faucet repairs, flush valve replacement, shower repair, etc.
- Layout and perform all plumbing systems for new construction.
- Clean out sanitary sewer lines by mechanical and chemical methods.
- Install water lines (copper, pvc, cast, cpvc, pex and galvanized).
- Do repairs on equipment such as boiler, kitchen equipment, swimming pool equipment, etc.
- Make inspections on plumbing, mechanical and HVAC systems.
- Do preventive maintenance on all plumbing systems.
- Install and maintain water fountains.
- Install boilers and gas lines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available-Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
SALARY: $23.84- $ 28.72per hour Scale C5 Rank 50
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Upon agreement in advance, hours worked over 40 in the work week will be taken as time off at 1 times the hours worked.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: December 6, 2022
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=14854&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency