- R-9458 Teacher Aide KinderPrep Program - Tuscaloosa Regional Center Office of Field Services
- Go to our website »
R-9458 Teacher Aide KinderPrep Program - Tuscaloosa Regional Center Office of Field Services
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R- 9548 Reference #:99656005253
Posting Date March 16, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Teacher Aide - KinderPrep Program -Tuscaloosa Regional Center | Office of Field Services
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Decatur, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Opelika, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Shoals with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization's most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work.
AIDB Regional Centers provides a continuum of services to individuals from infancy through adulthood. The Part-Time KinderPrep Teacher Aide assists the teacher with carrying out instructional duties and assisting students in the classroom.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture is reinforced and that employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of the Institute. You will play a vital role in the lives of our consumers and be a part of the miracles that happen every day at AIDB. This will be accomplished by demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude and professional maturity.
- Must have High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in working with Deaf or Hard of Hearing (and possessing sign skills) or with Visually Impaired (and possessing knowledge of basic mobility techniques) is desired.
- A sign language level of SURVIVAL according to AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty (30) months of employment.
- Must complete Orientation to Blindness Training and basic Mobility Techniques in-service within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must become CPR and First Aid certified within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must possess computer skills necessary to assist teachers and students with classroom activities.
- Must be able to physically assist students as required.
- Must have the ability to supervise students.
- Must have the ability to communicate complex ideas orally, in writing and with sensory impaired individuals.
- Must show evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB."
MANDATORY ANNUAL TRAINING:
Behavior Management recertification
CPR - every 2 years
Blood Borne Pathogens
Using an AED
Mandatory Reporting - DHR
Policy and Procedure Review
- Assist teacher by typing materials, checking papers, and other assigned duties.
- Carry out instructional duties under teacher direction in assisting students in the classroom.
- Prepare bulletin boards and posters.
- Supervise and assist students during meal and snack time.
- Assist students in toileting (to include changing diapers.)
- Participate in all training sessions and workshops as provided.
- Protect confidentiality of student information.
- Work cooperatively as a team with school personnel to best serve the students.
- Deal with emergency situations in a calm and logical manner.
- Use tact and friendliness with parents and all other non-staff personnel in an ongoing public relations program.
- Supervise loading and unloading of buses as assigned.
- Supervise children during assigned time.
- Maintain appropriate relationship with students.
- Fills in for teacher when they are out of the classroom.
- Practice professional ethics.
- Must be willing to learn and implement new programs.
- Assist students in the use of assistive technology for the visually impaired.
- Assist teachers in providing large print and Braille materials for students as needed.
- Become familiar with Special Education processes in order to assist teachers in meeting the educational goals of students.
- Demonstrates punctuality to all assigned duties.
- Maintain discipline according to established policies and procedures.
- Informs appropriate staff of the individual needs of students including medical, physical, psychological and educational.
- Follows guidelines established by the Tuscaloosa Regional Center staff handbook and the AIDB Policy and Procedures manual.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
SALARY: $14.73- $17.06 Scale C1 Rank 27 (High School/GED)
$15.50 - $18.09 Scale C1 Rank 29 (30 semester hours in related field)
$16.73 - $19.58 Scale C1 Rank 32 (60 semester hours in related field)
Direct deposit is required; bi-monthly payroll.
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: March 30, 2023
Click Below to Apply:
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15161&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency