This ad is expired.
R-9492 In School Suspension Aide Alabama School for the Deaf
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R- 9492 Reference # 312013065
Posting Date: January 18,202
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment
POSITION: In School Suspension Aide- Alabama School for the Deaf
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Shoals, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organizations' most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and we invite you to be a part of the miracles that happen every day,
As a High School Teacher Aide for Alabama School for the Deaf (ASD) you will be responsible for working closely with teachers in a specialized classroom with students who are deaf, hard of hearing, deafblind, and multi disabled. ASD is a committed to meet our students where they are. The right candidate for this job will have a passion for working with students and colleagues to ensure all students receive a world class education.
You will play a vital role in the lives of our students and be a part of the miracles that happen every day at AIDB and ASD. This will be accomplished by demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude, agility, and professional maturity.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 60 related semester hours
- Must possess a sign language proficiency evaluation of INTERMEDIATE upon employment.
- Must provide documentation of sign language proficiency evaluation (SCPI available through AIDB).
- Experience working with deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
- A sign language proficiency evaluation of INTERMEDIATE PLUS upon employment.
MANDATORY ANNUAL TRAINING:
- Medication Training
- Behavior Management recertification
- CPR - every 2 years
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Using an AED
- Mandatory Reporting - DHR
- Policy and Procedure Review
- Erin's Law
- Handle supervision of students in ISS (In School Suspension).
- Must possess computer skills necessary to assist teachers and students with classroom activities.
- Sign language proficiency level of INTERMEDIATE PLUS must be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Must complete and maintain Behavior Management Trainer certificate within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must complete a Foundations in Deaf/Hard of Hearing E-Learning course within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must be able to physically assist with the lifting and other needs of assigned wheelchair and/or physically disabled students.
- Assist teachers and staff with individual student(s) as assigned.
- Assist teachers and staff with reproducing materials, checking papers, recording grades, filing, typing, delivering, copying, laminating and performing other office duties as needed.
- Carry out instructional duties under teacher direction as needed.
- Work cooperatively as a team with other school personnel to best serve the student(s).
- Deal with emergency situations in a calm and logical manner.
- Use tact and friendliness with parents and all other non-staff personnel.
- Chaperone student(s) on field trips and other trips.
- Attend departmental meetings, school-wide meetings, in-services, training sessions and workshops provided.
- Perform lunch duty in office and cafeteria.
- Perform bus duty as needed which involves supervision of students in the cafeteria and assisting with ensuring students get on the correct bus and medicines are distributed to the bus driver/aide.
- Fill in for teacher(s), secretary, other department staff, etc. when needed.
- Assist with extracurricular activities, especially those assigned to the department.
- Assist with Graduation, Baccalaureate, Awards Programs and other programs as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB."
SALARY:$17.25- $20.46 per hour Scale CI Rank 35 (60 related Semester Hours)
Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 1, 2023
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15037&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency