This ad is expired.
- R-9494 Equine Specialist Marianna Greene Henry Special Equestrians Health and Clinical Services-Re-Advertised
- Go to our website »
R-9494 Equine Specialist Marianna Greene Henry Special Equestrians Health and Clinical Services-Re-Advertised
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R- 9494 Reference#317054556
Posting Date: May 15, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Equine Specialist
Marianna Greene Henry Special Equestrians
Health and Clinical Services
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega and ten regional centers with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organizations' most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and we invite you to be a part of the miracles that happen every day.
The Equine Specialist is responsible for the care, training, and maintenance of our therapeutic riding horses. The Equine Specialist works as part of the MGHSE instructional team to provide therapeutic riding and ground classes to the students of AIDB while complying with all Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (PATH) standards. This Equine Specialist will also assist with special events such as horse shows, volunteer events, and Special Olympics.
You will play a vital role in the lives of our AIDB students. You will become a part of the miracles that happen every day at MGHSE.
- Must possess an extensive overall knowledge of equine care and horsemanship including:
- Training and exercising horses
- Selection of program horses
- Equine nutrition
- Riding techniques
- Common ailments, health, and soundness
- Hoof care
- Overall health of horses and follow-up veterinary treatment. May involve the transportation of horse(s) to a veterinary office.
- An eye for safety specifically with horses and equipment.
- Assist the Pasture/Equine/Facility Assistant on an as-needed basis, including feedings during scheduled weekends and holidays.
- Must maintain clean stalls and barn, feed and water the horses, and pick up feed and supplies as needed for the program.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with co-workers, students, volunteers, and the public in a professional manner.
- Supervise student workers in the barn and teach riding/ground classes as assigned by the Lead Program Instructor.
- Extensive horse training and exercising followed by preparation and submission of reports and other materials as may be required by PATH and/or MGHSE/AIDB guidelines.
- Work as part of a team to comply with PATH standards.
- Display a positive, approachable and professional demeanor with our students, staff, and parents.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Program Instructor and Arena Coordinator.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid Alabama Driver's License and be insurable by the AIDB insurance carriers.
- Must become a member of the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (PATH) within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must attain a PATH Registered Instructor status within first thirty- six (36) months of employment.
- Must become CPR and First Aid certified within first twelve (12) months of employment.
- A sign language level of SURVIVAL PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB.
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
SALARY: $14.66- $17.20 Scale C5 Rank 31
Direct deposit required.
This is a nonexempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 15, 2023
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15286&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency