R-9496 Food Service Worker
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R- 9496 Reference #1141555654
Posting Date: January 24, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION Food Service Worker
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa ,Shoals, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are our most valuable resource. Our food service workers may work at any one of AIDB's cafeterias. This role is responsible for assisting in food prepping, serving food from counters and steamtables, and cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations.
You will have an opportunity to use your professional expertise to engage with students and our guests. At AIDB we are limitless and so are the possibilities for your professional growth and fulfillment.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have two (2) years of food preparation experience.
- Obtained Servsafe Certification.
- Two (2) years of cafeteria experience in a school or residential setting.
- May be required to have valid driver license and may be required to be covered by AIDB insurance carrier for specified Food Service Worker positions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends.
- Must attend ServSafe Food Safety training and sit for the certification exam within in three (3) months of employment.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
SALARY: $13.18 - $15.25 Scale C4 Rank 24 (230 days) E.H. Gentry
SALARY: $12.67 - $14.59 Scale C5 Rank 24(260 days) Alabama Industries for the Blind (AIB)
SALARY: $13.32 - $15.38 Scale C1 Rank 24 (187 days) Helen Keller School of Alabama, Alabama School for the Blind and Alabama School for the Deaf
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
Direct deposit required.
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Deadline for Application: February 7,2023
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15048&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency