This ad is expired.
- R-9511Part-Time Production Worker -Talladega & Birmingham Manufacturing Facilities -Alabama Industries for the Blind (AIB)
- Go to our website »
R-9511Part-Time Production Worker -Talladega & Birmingham Manufacturing Facilities -Alabama Industries for the Blind (AIB)
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R-9511 Part Time Production
Posting Date: February 13, 2023
AIDB is sensitive to the needs of individuals who are Blind or Visually Impaired and/or Deaf or Hard of Hearing for qualified applicants and employees will make reasonable accommodations.
Blind or visually impaired candidates are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for disabled individuals. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Part-Time Production Worker
Talladega & Birmingham Manufacturing Facilities
Alabama Industries for the Blind (AIB)
ABOUT ALABAMA INDUSTRIES FOR THE BLIND
The Alabama Industries for the Blind (AIB) is one component of the Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) which is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind, multi-disabled and their families.
AIB is the state's largest employer of persons who are blind or have significant disabilities. AIB has a manufacturing facility in Talladega, AL and Birmingham, AL. AIB also operates five Base Supply Centers in two states which are located on Redstone Arsenal, Fort Rucker, Anniston Army Depot, Robins AFB and Moody AFB.
ABOUT OUR MISSION
The Alabama Industries for the Blind's mission is to provide meaningful employment for individuals with disabilities in areas of manufacturing and delivery of service contract.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Part-Time Production Worker role will be responsible for training and available to work on various production responsibilities related to the manufacturing operations for Alabama Industries for the Blind (AIB). The role may include the following areas of production: Industrial Sewing, Pressing, Broom/Mop Winding, Product Packing & Distribution, Paper Production, Toner cartridge or general manufacturing duties.
You will play a vital role in performing various manufacturing operations, as you will be a part of the AIB team in producing high quality work. Each employee should deal pleasantly and courteously with all of the AIB team to include coworkers, supervisor, Plant Manager, and the Executive Director. You must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and deal with changes in work assignments. You will be required to perform your job responsibilities in a manner that sets a good example for other employees to follow and demonstrate a good attendance record. You may be required to perform tasks that require visual alignment of product or visual inspection of product conformance to standard. This position reports to the Production Supervisor, AIB.
- Must be willing to complete a work skills assessment to demonstrate good hand coordination prior to employment.
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Certificate.
- Alabama Industries for the Blind (AIB) Retiree.
- Enrollment in AIDB Educational and/or Rehabilitation Program to allow for work experience.
- Three (3) months of work experience in a sewn products or machinery operations in a manufacturing environment.
- Must follow AIDB policies and procedures.
- Must learn basic knowledge of production operations that can include various production lines:
- Able to perform different sewing operations, garment construction, methods and techniques used in a modern cut and sew operations; or
- Kitting assignments for commercial contracts; or
- Able to operate different type machinery in the Paper Department; or
- Able to operate different type machinery in the Brush or Mop Shop; or
- Able to operate different type of machinery in the Screen Print & Embroidery Department.
- Able to operate different type of machinery in the Wood Project.
- Janitorial Duties with general knowledge of janitorial equipment and basic housekeeping techniques. This includes operating janitorial equipment such as buffers, floor sweepers and vacuum cleaners.
- Must be able to cross train on multiple production lines.
- Must be able to meet production goals for each production assignment.
- May be required to be physically capable of standing and walking for extended lengths of time and lifting up to 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direct supervision.
- Must meet Safety, Qualify and Production requirements.
- Must possess or develop an understanding of cultures and needs of persons who are deaf, blind or deaf/blind, ensuring all actions and decisions demonstrate a respect for and value of persons with sensory loss.
- Must attend Disability Sensitivity Training within the first six (6) months of employment.
SALARY: $9.64 - $11.41 Scale IB Rank 00
(Work Schedule: as needed, not to exceed 29 hours a week)
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Payroll Schedule - Semi-monthly, Direct Deposit is required.
Deadline for Application: September 29, 2023
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15075&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency