This ad is expired.
- R-9514 Temporary Transition Aide - Special Projects - Summer Programs - (April 1, 2023 August 30, 2023)
- Go to our website »
R-9514 Temporary Transition Aide - Special Projects - Summer Programs - (April 1, 2023 August 30, 2023)
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date-February 13.2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION:Temporary Transition Aide - Special Projects
Summer Programs - (April 1, 2023 - August 30, 2023)
- Must possess a high school diploma OR have volunteered at any of previous Special Projects camps.
- Assist camp leaders and staff to whom assigned by providing guidance and direction to campers, assisting with supervision, and performing other duties.
- Carry out camp activities under teacher/counselor direction.
- Participate in training sessions and workshops provided.
- Work cooperatively as a team with other camp personnel to best serve the students.
- Deal with emergency situations in a calm and logical manner.
- Use tact and friendliness with parents and all other non-staff personnel in a constant public relations program.
- Chaperone students on field trips, to and from area locations.
- Attend and participate in camp meetings, training, and discussions.
- Assist during meals while in public and in the cafeteria as needed.
- Fills in for counselors when they are assisting others.
- Assist in any extracurricular activities assigned to the department.
- Use American Sign Language at NRSC summer camps.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-761-3765
SALARY:$16.88 per hour Scale SI Rank HS
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Open Until Filled
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15079&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency