This ad is expired.
R-9525 Staff Interpreter-E. H. Gentry Facility based in Talladega, AL-Revised & RE-Advertised
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Revised & Re-Advertised
Posting Date: November 15 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Staff Interpreter -E. H. Gentry Facility - based in Talladega, AL
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime, from birth to senior adulthood. AIDB includes five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Decatur, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Opelika, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Muscle Shoals with programs that range from early and senior intervention to traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organizations' most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and we invite you to be a part of the miracles that happen every day.
As an Interpreter for E. H. Gentry Facility, you will be responsible for providing interpreting services for students, staff and AIDB community and may be assigned to special projects with our internal units and external partnering agencies. The right candidate for this job will have a passion working with our students, staff, parents and community partners.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture of inclusion is reinforced and that students and employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of the organization.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Possess and maintain Alabama Interpreter Licensure upon employment. . .
- Must have at least three (3) months of formal work experience interpreting for the Deaf/DeafBlind.
- Proven experience utilizing full range of communication and language levels including use of sign, spoken language, and any additional modes of communication.
- Must provide recent documentation of sign language proficiency (SCPI) or take a sign language proficiency evaluation (SCPI) available through AIDB.
- Must possess a sign language proficiency evaluation of ADVANCED upon employment.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated advocacy experience.
- Possess intermediate skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Must know and adhere to the Interpreter Code of Ethics.
- Bachelor's degree.
- One (1) year or more of formal work experience interpreting for the Deaf/DeafBlind.
- Possess a minimum entry sign language proficiency level of ADVANCED according to AIDB evaluation system (SLPI/SCPI); and ADVANCED PLUS must be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available-Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
SALARY: $47,947.00- $73,795.00 Scale PI Rank IN
Annual salary based on hours scheduled to work at 260 days.
Direct deposit required.
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=16014&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency