This ad is expired.
R-9574 Case Manager for the Deaf -Talladega Regional Center Office of Field Services-Revised & Re-Advertised
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Re-Advertised & Revised
R-9574 Reference# 111160052512
Posting Date: November 16, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Case Manager for the DeafTalladega Regional Center | Office of Field Services
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including seven campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Shoals - including new locations in Opelika and Decatur - and programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization's most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work.
AIDB Regional Centers provides a continuum of services to individuals from infancy through adulthood. The Case Manager for the Deaf must have knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to consumers who are Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, and DeafBlind. This person will be responsible for providing regularly scheduled appointments for consumers, families, and agency personnel as needed within the Talladega region and must have experience working with adults and/or school age children who are Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, or DeafBlind. This person must have a passion for working with students, staff, parents, and community partners. Communication with students, staff and partner organizations is a vital part of this position; strong writing, speaking, and public relations skills required.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture is reinforced and that employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of the company. You will play a vital role in the lives of our consumers and be a part of the miracles that happen every day at AIDB. This will be accomplished by demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude and professional maturity.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Deaf Education, Psychology, Special Education, Social Work, Human Services, Deaf Studies, Education, Rehabilitation, or American Sign Language Interpretation.
- Must have a minimum entry sign language proficiency of INTERMEDIATE PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system (SLPI). ADVANCED level must be obtained within twenty-four (24) months of employment.
- Must provide documentation of sign language proficiency evaluation (SLPI available through AIDB).
- Valid Alabama Driver's License and be able to be insured by AIDB insurance carrier.
- Access to a safe and properly insured automobile and provide proof of comprehensive automobile insurance for use on the job.
- Must be knowledgeable of the rehabilitation process.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends) with some travel.
- Contact agencies and businesses for individual clients on an as-needed basis.
- Possess knowledge and/or experience with assistive technology/devices for individuals who are Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, or DeafBlind in order to provide technical assistance to consumers in using adaptive devices (telephone equipment, relay services, fax machines, computers, etc.)
- Assist the Director and Interpreter Coordinator in filling interpreting requests.
- Knowledge of computer/data entry.
- Collaborate with Director, Case Manager for the Blind, and Interpreter Coordinator to provide services for consumers who are DeafBlind.
- Submit required paperwork in a timely manner to the Regional Center's Administrative Assistant and Director.
- Collaborate with state and community agencies to ensure Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, and DeafBlind consumers reach their maximum potential.
- Plan and participate in community education programs such as training sessions, university classes, workshops, and conferences related to Deaf awareness and Deaf education.
- Assist consumers with independent living skills.
- Function as the referral and resource person for consumers, agencies, and the general public.
- Demonstrate professional conduct by compliance with Alabama Ethics Law.
- Develop and coordinate programs and services for consumers as needed.
- Maintain accurate records (including data entry) and submit monthly reports requested.
- Promote positive communication between Regional Center and Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing and DeafBlind community.
- Function as liaison and advocate for the Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing and DeafBlind services.
- Serve on boards, advisory committees, advisory councils, COSDA, and others with Regional Director's approval.
- Work as an effective team member of the Talladega Regional Center.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
SALARY: $47,628- $71,641 Scale P1 Rank 53
Direct deposit is required; bi-monthly payroll.
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: December 15, 2023
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=16020&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency