This ad is expired.
- R-9584 Information Technology Director - Information and Technology Department
- Go to our website »
R-9584 Information Technology Director - Information and Technology Department
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: May 12, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Information Technology Director
Information and Technology Department
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Safety & Security, IT, and Transportation
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Shoals, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organizations' most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work.
The IT Technology Director will serve as a member of the IT management team along with providing direct oversight of all functions related to Information Technology (IT) team to include talent and performance management and mentorship of IT subordinates. The IT Technology Director is responsible for day-to-day execution of monitoring and managing end user escalations and locations to include; campus wide buildings, off-campus leased space, and other AIDB facilities. This role is also responsible for IT life cycle management, maintenance and inventory control of all technology assets and the daily management and systems administration of physical/virtual information systems.
You, at the general direction of the Safety & Security, /IT/Transportation Executive Director, will manage a number of projects having significant impact on the company's objectives and results. Providing effective leadership, management and support of the company mission and strategies is a must. You will also provide leadership and coaching in coordinating IT resources, budgets, strategies and projects with AIDB leaders, vendors and other internal areas. Finally, you will manage a team of internal and external contractors to execute large, cross-functional programs focusing on developing the IT strategy plan, structuring and managing the delivery of software and hardware products.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or closely related field from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in information technology, computer science, or closely related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of managing an IT department.
- In-depth understanding of networking concepts including TCP/IP wireless, SQL-based applications and data based administration.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively through interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
- Must possess skills necessary to develop rapport with employees, campuses and departments, external agencies and sensory impaired individuals.
- Proven ability to lead an IT department and/or team projects, programs and manage IT projects.
- Proven experience practicing and enforcing a high level of confidentiality among supervised staff
- Must have experience presenting to and working with C-Suite level executives.
- Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or closely related field from an accredited college/university.
- Experience with server virtualization and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Demonstrated experience within the education industry.
- Investigate, coordinate, implement, and manage efficient, cost effective IT solutions applied to AIDB IT needs.
- Supervise the provision of hardware, software, low-voltage electronic support services for AIDB academic, staff, student, and client needs.
- Manage the control and monitoring of AIDBs data, processing, and infrastructure for security.
- Supervise staff and empowers them to effectively accomplish their responsibilities
- Manages the established IT work order system for task completion, timeliness, and balanced work distribution
- Provides input on new construction projects.
- Provides assistance in cost control, assets management, and policy development in the area of information technology.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB."
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
SALARY: $70,823 - $120,355 Scale A1 Rank 03
Direct Deposit is required
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 12,2023
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15281&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency