This ad is expired.
- R-9589 Safety and Security Technician AIDB Office of Safety and Security
- Go to our website »
R-9589 Safety and Security Technician AIDB Office of Safety and Security
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R-9589 Reference# 99871005752
Posting Date: May 22, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Shoals, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
POSITION: Safety and Security Technician
AIDB Office of Safety and Security
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have three years of verifiable employment experience in fire safety and/or electronics/ low voltage repair.
- Must possess and maintain a valid NICET Level I Certification
- Must possess good communication skills, computer skills, and the ability to interact with peers in a respectful manner.
- At least two years work experience in the inspection, maintenance, and testing of fire alarm/ protection systems.
- Knowledge of NFRA and other codes required in by the State of Alabama.
- Knowledge of MASS Notification Systems.
- Ability to read and understand building/ construction design documents.
- Ability to perform physical labor including, but not limited to climb ladders, enter crawl spaces, enter attics, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to lead a team and perform duties independently.
- Must possess good documentation and reporting skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must stay up to date with evolving technology as it relates to the position responsibilities.
- Travel is required with some overnight travel - Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must obtain a sign language proficiency evaluation of Survival within twenty-four (24) months of employment.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB."
- Knowledge of other low voltage systems including security, CCTV, access control and related systems.
- Experience with access control and Security Camera Systems.
- Knowledge of safety technology systems, such as NSide.
- Associates Degree in IT or related field
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Help maintain mass notification data in systems such as NSide.
- Participate and Assist with all Safety Drills.
- Plan and Coordinate fire and safety installations, inspections, maintenance, testing, and repairs according to operations guidelines.
- Plan and Coordinate remote automation as it pertains to the position.
- Responsible for reading and understanding assigned project documentation and completing projects in a timely manner based on priority.
- Report to assignments in a timely fashion with all necessary tools and/ or testing equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring that all safety equipment is operational.
- Test and maintain camera systems.
- Assist with maintaining the access control system. This includes working with contractors.
- Must keep Safety/ Security Administrators informed and updated on all projects.
- Ensure all drill reports are current and in compliance.
- Assist in safety planning, including routes, drills, and training assessments.
- Maintain proper documentation on all fire and safety systems.
- Provide training to staff on various fire and safety systems.
- Must participate in on-call schedule.
- Report all deficiencies to Safety/ Security Administrators.
- Work with various AIDB Administrators to implement and maintain fire prevention plans.
- Work with various AIDB Administrators to ensure each site has up to date information entered into the AIDB safety system.
- Perform and participate in fire and safety drills.
- Must be available for overtime.
- Must be willing to assist IT in implementation of fire and safety hardware, as well as other assignments as requested by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available-Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
SALARY: $ 25.50 - $30.30 Scale C5 Rank 51
Payroll Schedule - Semi-monthly, Direct Deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 5, 2023
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15306&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency