This ad is expired.
- R-9596 Third Grade Teacher Alabama School for the Blind
- Go to our website »
R-9596 Third Grade Teacher Alabama School for the Blind
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: May 24, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Third Grade Teacher
Alabama School for the Blind
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Shoals, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
- Must hold a valid Teaching Certificate with an Elementary or Early Childhood Certification. Must be able to obtain reciprocity with the State of Alabama within six (6) months of employment.
- Must be certified in visual impairment or be willing to gain certification within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn Braille, including becoming a National Library of Congress certified Braille Transcriptionist within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Orientation and Mobility training required within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Must be able to physically assist students as required.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
- Demonstrate the ability to teach subject matter as outline in the Alabama State Department of Education Course of Study.
- Participate in development of students' IEP based on curricular guidelines
- Implement, review and update student IEP's.
- Serve as case manager.
- Perform functional vision assessment as needed.
- Protect confidentiality of student information.
- Maintain classroom discipline.
- Exercise the code of ethics in the teaching profession.
- Supervise and work cooperatively with teacher aides assigned to the classroom
- Create, review and update the curriculum as necessary.
- Work and cooperate with staff members, support personnel and administration to provide for the welfare and best interests of the students.
- Keep abreast of current research and teaching strategies of the Expanded Core Curriculum for implementation in classroom settings.
- May be required to attend any extracurricular activities that may be held on campus or off campus
- Serve as a role model to students with professional behaviors.
- Become familiar with the implementation of technology for the visually impaired into the classroom.
- This position may require participating in the administration of state assessments.
- Perform other relevant duties as may be assigned by the school's administrators.
MANDATORY ANNUAL TRAINING:
Behavior Management recertification
CPR - every 2 years
Blood Borne Pathogens
Using an AED
Mandatory Reporting - DHR
Policy and Procedure Review
Jason Flatt Act
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
SALARY: $44,994 - $70,124 Scale lC Rank 2T (BS-Class B)
$52,739 - $81,296 Scale lC Rank 1T (MA-Class A)
$56,145 - $85,911 Scale lC Rank AA (AA Certification)
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 7, 2023
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15315&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency