This ad is expired.
- R-9598 Speech-Language Pathologist Health and Clinical Services (Serving primarily at the Helen Keller School of Alabama)
- Go to our website »
R-9598 Speech-Language Pathologist Health and Clinical Services (Serving primarily at the Helen Keller School of Alabama)
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R-9598 Reference #31170540565
Posting Date: May 25, 2023
Candidates who are visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Speech-Language Pathologist
Health and Clinical Services
(Serving primarily at the Helen Keller School of Alabama)
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation, and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind, and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega and a statewide network of regional centers with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings, and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organizations' most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and we invite you to be a part of the miracles that happen every day. The right candidate for this job will have a passion for working with students and colleagues to ensure their limitless possibilities.
You will have an opportunity to use your professional expertise to develop new and innovative ways to help students learn and communicate and to support the AIDB Speech-Language Pathology team. At AIDB, we are limitless and so are the possibilities for your professional growth and fulfillment.
You will play a vital role in the lives of our students. You will display a positive, approachable, and professional demeanor and will serve in the day-to-day communication with our students, staff, and parents. You will be able to work independently, as well as with a team.
- Minimum of Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited college or university.
- Professional licensure through the Alabama Board of Examiners in Speech Pathology and Audiology (ABESPA.)
- Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA). A Clinical Fellowship Year applicant may be considered.
- Experience with current trends in speech-language pathology diagnostics and therapeutic practices.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage projects, and achieve multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and good judgment.
- Experience in working with children with complex communication needs such as deaf/hard-of-hearing, blind/visually-impaired, deaf-blind, developmental delay, intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorders, and augmentative communication devices users preferred.
- Knowledge of various types of communication devices (including various augmentative communication device systems, hearing aids, cochlear implants, FM systems, etc.) desired.
- Evaluate students' communication skills for IEP development.
- Develop and implement communication IEP goals that address each student's needs. Prepare evaluation reports, progress reports, therapy notes, lesson plans, etc. in a timely manner.
- Schedule individual and small group therapy as stated in the IEP.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Counsel families and classroom teachers regarding students' communication needs, strategies for improving skills, etc.
- Work closely with and maintain positive relationships with classroom teachers.
- Collaborate with Audiology and RISE Autism staff and other disciplines (OT, PT, Behavior Specialists, etc.) as appropriate.
- Demonstrate professionalism in communication, judgment, and writing skills.
- Demonstrate organizational skills, flexibility, and advocacy for deaf and hard-of-heard of hearing students.
- Develop competency in the use and maintenance of various types of equipment (including AAC devices, hearing aids, cochlear implants, FM systems, etc.). Educate students and staff as needed.
- Participate in professional development workshops, conventions, and in-service training.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first twelve (12) months of employment and INTERMEDIATE PLUS within the first thirty-six (36) months.
- Must complete a Deaf-Blind Multi-Disabilities e-learning course within the first TWELVE (12) months of employment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Director of Audiology
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid for by AIDB.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Available
- Alabama State TRS Retirement
- Deferred Compensation Options Available
- Paid Time Off
SALARY (187 Days) $52,739 - $68,827 Scale I1 Rank 1T (MA - Class A)
$56,145 - $72,734 Scale I1 Rank AA (AA Certification)
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15319&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency