This ad is expired.
R-9670 Part-Time Sign Language Instructor (As Needed) Office of Field Services-Talladega Regional Center-Work Schedule as needed
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R- 9670 Reference # 6460052
Posting Date: August 1, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
.POSITION: Part-Time Sign Language Instructor (As Needed)Office of Field Services-Talladega Regional Center Work Schedule - as needed
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa ,Shoals, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization's most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our mission makes AIDB a unique place to work. The Sign Language Instructor will teach sign language classes to adult learners in our communities.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture is reinforced and that employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of the company. You will play a vital role in the lives of our consumers and be a part of the miracles that happen every day at AIDB. This will be accomplished by demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude and professional maturity.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years' experience working with Deaf or is a native signer.
- Thorough knowledge and experience using and teaching ASL.
- Must possess a sign language proficiency level of ADVANCED PLUS as rated on the SCPI or a Level of ADVANCED for beginning sign language classes only. Interpreters licensed by the state of Alabama, and ASLTA certified are exempted from the SCPI.
- Must provide documentation of sign language proficiency evaluation (SCPI available through AIDB).
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
- ASLTA (American Sign Language Teachers Association) certified
- RID certification and /or NAD Level 4 or 5.
- Teach sign language classes using the curriculum prescribed by the Regional Director.
- Submit a syllabus to the Regional Director prior to beginning classes each term.
- Participate in any required training as assigned by the Regional Director.
- Follow all AIDB and Regional Center policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of dates and hours worked for payroll.
- Submit student registration information to the Regional Director.
- Arrange classroom to provide an environment conducive to learning.
- Leave classroom in a tidy condition following each class meeting.
- Submit all requested paperwork in a timely manner as requested.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
SALARY: $29.07 Scale PH Rank O1
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, and is not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 30, 2024
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15584&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency