This ad is expired.
R-9694 Counselor Health and Clinical Services- To serve primarily at Alabama School for the Blind
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: September 14, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
Health and Clinical Services
To serve primarily at Alabama School for the Blind
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega and a statewide network of ten regional centers with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings, and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will work with students who are blind or visually impaired to provide in-depth psychological services with the goal of helping students succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. Professionals in this position are tasked with successfully providing individual and group counseling services while maintaining documentation of direct services. This position will be responsible for intervention as it relates to the implementation and evaluation of programs to promote positive learning environments for all students from diverse backgrounds and to ensure equal access to effective educational and psychological services that promote positive mental health development.
You will utilize your expertise to provide counseling, mentoring, and instructional services to help promote wellness by reinforcing strong communication, problem-solving, anger management, self-regulation, and/or social skills. Through a collaborative team approach, you will provide services and support that champion the limitless potential of all individuals. You will have an opportunity to use your professional knowledge to assist students with the ability to cope with social or emotional distress in an open, accepting, and friendly environment. At AIDB we are limitless and so are the possibilities for your professional growth and fulfillment.
- Master's degree or higher degree in any area of counseling, special education, or a related field.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Provisional Certificate in School Counseling by completing the application process and meeting all requirements assigned by the Alabama State Department of Education within the first three years of employment.
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills.
- Must demonstrate competency in working with both sensory impaired and non-sensory impaired (i.e. staff/parents).
- Master's degree or higher in the area of School Counseling, Mental Health Counseling or related counseling degree.
- A valid Class A or Class AA Professional Educator Certificate in School Counseling.
- Successful work experience in the field of counseling.
- Knowledge of and experience with students who are blind or visually impaired.
- Uphold the professionalism and ethical standards of counselors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends (example: two days' work hours 11:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
- Perform other duties, including cross-campus duties, as assigned.
- Complete AIDB online training on Deafness, Low Vision, DeafBlindness, and Multiple Disabilities within 12 months of hire.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid for by AIDB.
SALARY: $54,027 - $74,215 Scale D4 Rank 56 (Counselor)
$49,228 - $68,650 Scale E2 Rank 59 (Class A Cert. School Psychometrist)
$57,589 - $78,673 Scale E2 Rank 61 (Class AA Cert. School Psychology)
$63,212 - $84,906 Scale E2 Rank 62 (Ph.D. Psychology)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- TRS retirement
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
- 13 paid holidays
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 28, 2023
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15705&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency