This ad is expired.
R-9695 Part-Time Driver - Dothan Regional Center Office of Field Services
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R- 9695 Reference#6860005252000
Posting Date: September 14, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Part-Time Driver
Dothan Regional Center | Office of Field Services
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Shoal, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
- Provide safe, reliable, and courteous transportation for individuals served.
- Provide assistance with paperwork as needed.
- Complete disability sensitivity training within the first thirty-six (36) days of employment.
- Achieve a sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Attend wheelchair lift and securement training within (6) months of employment.
- Work flexible hours, including early mornings, late afternoons, holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Utilize map reading skills and/or the use of the Internet to obtain travel directions and mileage.
- Assist in planning and participate in all regional center activities, i.e., White Cane, Deaf Awareness, educational workshops, social/community events, and/or statewide programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB."
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Alabama Driver's License and be able to be insured by AIDB insurance carrier.
- Access to a safe and properly insured automobile and provide proof of comprehensive automobile insurance for use on the job.
- Physically able to stoop, bend, and lift twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Current Alabama School Bus Driver's License or eligible to obtain licensure within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Experience working with individuals who are Blind/Visually Impaired, Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing, and DeafBlind.
SALARY: $13.74 - Drivers License Scale S1 Rank HS
$21.03 - CDL License Scale S1 Rank HS
Work Schedule - as needed not to exceed 19 hours a week
Direct deposit is required; bi-monthly payroll
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 30, 2024
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15714&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency