This ad is expired.
R-9699 Student Life Activities Aide Alabama School for the Blind
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R-9699 Reference # 3110165565150
Posting Date: September 25, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Student Life Activities Aide
Alabama School for the Blind
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organizations' most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and we invite you to be a part of the miracles that happen every day.
The Student Life Activities Coordinator Aide (SLACA) is responsible for the daily and long range development of planned student activities at the Alabama School for the Blind (ASB). The SLACA will engage our student body and staff with the help of the Student Life Activities Coordinator in fostering a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment that promotes student learning, academic success, and personal growth.
You will play a vital role in the lives of our blind and visually impaired students by teaching them to become independent. You will become a part of the miracles that happen every day at ASB by planning activities and events for our blind and visually impaired students. You will achieve the goal of a productive and independent graduate by demonstrating flexibility, initiative, positive attitude, professional maturity, and a dedicated work ethic.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication, basic office skills: completing forms, maintaining inventory, providing budgetary documentation and filing.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Must possess initiative and be a team player.
- Minimum one (1) year of recreation activity planning.
- Experience and/or knowledge of AIDB's student life programs or working with children with disabilities.
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL school bus), CPR/First Aid Certification, and Braille Certification.
- Must be certified by American Red Cross in Aquatics with Senior Life Saving or willing to obtain within the first twelve (12) months of employment and maintain certification throughout tenure.
- Must be able to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- May be required to have a valid Alabama Drivers license and be able to obtain an Alabama School Bus License and CDL within the first -twenty-four (24) months of employment.
- Must be able to be insured by AIDB insurance carrier.
- Must complete Managing Crisis Safely training within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must complete Orientation and Mobility class within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading and writing Braille by scoring 80% or better on the AIDB Braille Skills Assessment Inventory within the first twenty-four (24) months of employment.
- Must complete a Foundations of Visual Impairment e-learning course within the first twelve (12) months.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
MANDATORY ANNUAL TRAINING:
Behavior Management recertification
CPR - every 2 years
Blood Borne Pathogens
Using an AED
Mandatory Reporting - DHR
Policy and Procedure Review
Jason Flatt Act
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available-Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
SALARY: $14.73 - $17.06 Scale C1 Rank 27 (187 Days)
$15.50 - $18.09 Scale C1 Rank 29 (Completed 30 credits towards accredited degree)
$16.73 - $19.58 Scale C1 Rank 32 (Completed 60 credits towards accredited degree)
Direct deposit required.
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 9, 2023
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=15727&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency