This ad is expired.
R-9709 Database and Prospect Relations Specialist-Office of Institutional Advancement-Revised & Re-Advertised
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Re-Advertised & Revised
R-9709 Reference #328931051
Posting Date: November 16, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Database and Prospect Relations Specialist-Office of Institutional Advancement
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Shoals, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organizations' most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and we invite you to be a part of the miracles that happen every day. The Database and Prospect Relations Specialist role will assists in managing the donor database, researching prospects and funding opportunities, and helping build strong relationships with individuals, corporations and foundations to help AIDB and the AIDB Foundation accomplish its philanthropic goals.
You will play a critical role in identifying prospective donors; cultivating and managing relationships with donors; and assisting with fundraising initiatives and events. You will work independently, as well as with a team. You will display a positive, approachable, and professional demeanor, serving as a point person for both current and prospective donors, staff and community organizations/groups interested in giving to or partnering with the AIDB Foundation.
- High school diploma or GED from accredited school or program.
- Must have demonstrated ability to read and follow written directions, manuals, etc.
- Must exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be organized, professional, self-motivated, have the ability to exercise sound judgement and follow-through with minimal supervision.
- Must possess work experience that demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy in work assignments.
- Must have the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and work cooperatively with specified constituents.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or combination of education and professional equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of data entry experience.
- Preferred experience with Raiser's Edge and/or other donor database platforms.
- Experience working in fundraising or non-profit setting.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computers and software programs including Google G-suite, Calendar, Sheets, Docs, Drive, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Gift processing: Enter gifts and pledges in database
- Manage the process for database updates including addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, and other contact information
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Ensure data integrity through accurate data entry and ongoing clean-up efforts of donor records.
- Assist with the creation of appeals, acknowledgment letters, donor updates, reports and proposals.
- Manage the production of gift receipts and acknowledgement letters to all donors to ensure all donors are appropriately thanked in a timely and meaningful way
- Create mailing lists for direct mail appeals, special events, and other OIA mailing campaigns.
- Continually seek out major giving prospects within the database
- Conduct donor research to develop fundraising and grant prospects
- Collaborate with AIDB units and community partners to execute fundraising events, internal and external giving campaigns, and other events.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the OIA Team by tracking all fundraising efforts.
- Prepare accurate research on prospects and assemble materials for cultivation and solicitation visits.
- Provide reports for the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement on a regular basis
- As needed, provide support in the form of data, analysis, and reports for the Institute, Advancement, Alumni Groups, and donors and friends
- Support Annual Giving efforts by providing data, strategic planning, and collaboration
- Create donor recognition reports
- Provide reports and information as needed for publications, meetings, etc.
- Continually learn and train in database management and best practices
- Train others in Advancement how to use the database and pull information
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB."
REPORTS TO: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
SALARY: $18.09- $21.58 per hour Scale C5 Rank 39
Direct deposit is required. (260 Days)
This is a non-exempt position, and is subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Upon agreement in advance, hours worked over 40 in the work week will be taken as time off at 1 time the hours worked.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: November 30, 2023
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=16019&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency