This ad is expired.
R-9720 MEP Foreman - Central Maintenance Services/ Physical Plant Department
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R- 9720 Reference#1185570585505
Posting Date: November 27, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: MEP Foreman
Central Maintenance Services/ PhysicalPlant Department
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Shoals, Opelika and Decatur with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a hands-on leadership position, which will include but not limited to the following:
- Supervise HVAC, Electrical, Appliance and Plumbing technicians.
- Select, supervise, and schedule outside contractors.
- Develop, implement, and supervise after hours on-call procedures.
- Prioritize, assign, perform, and assist in closing work orders on a daily basis. This will include ensuring all tasks are completed satisfactorily and in a Professional manner.
- Develop and maintain a Warranty Tracking System for all MEP equipment at AIDB.
- Ensure, track and log Preventative Maintenance on all equipment for all AIDB buildings.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's campuses are kept to a presentable standard. You will thrive in a self-driven environment and work equally well with both management and team members.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of Technical training in HVAC, plumbing, appliance repair, and/or electrical.
- Minimum Ten (10) years accumulative MEP experience.
- Strong grasp of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing construction concepts and applicable codes.
- Ability to read, interpret and work from blueprints/shop drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Good understanding of fire/life safety and fire sprinkler systems and the integration of same with mechanical, electrical, building systems.
- Good understanding of building automation systems and sequences as it relates to MEP.
- Proficient computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Must possess valid State of Alabama Drivers' License
- Must be able to be insured by AIDB insurance carrier
- Must have at least five (5) years Supervisory Experience in MEP.
- Ability to interpret complex laws, codes, and regulations.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
- Must be able to work with other trades and departments in a professional manner
- Must be able to understand and follow directions
- Must have the ability and competence to work unsupervised
- Must have Universal EPA certification as required by 40CFR, part 82, subpart F or obtain within Six (6) months of employment.
- Must have thorough knowledge of HVAC systems, including but not limited to conventional split systems, boiler/chiller systems, and variable refrigerant flow systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot any commercial or residential kitchen/laundry equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot all types of building electrical systems.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the thirty (36) months of employment according to the AIDB evaluation system.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB."
Assistant Director Physical Plant
The annual employment period will be 260 days to include such holidays, sick leave, insurance benefits, and other benefits as are established by the President and the Board of Trustees.
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
SALARY: $26.01- $30.91 Scale C5 Rank 51 (260 Days)
Direct deposit is required.
This is not an exempt position, and is subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: December 11, 2023
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=16041&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency