This ad is expired.
R-9743 Computer Applications/Assistive Technology Instructor -E.H. Gentry, Deaf Services -230 days -Re- Advertised
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: January 9, 2024
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Computer Applications/Assistive Technology Instructor -E.H. Gentry, Deaf Services 230 days
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation, and service program serving individuals of all ages who are Deaf, Blind, DeafBlind, and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults, and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The E. H. Gentry Facility is one of the most distinct and comprehensive education and rehabilitation programs in the United States. You will be part of a dynamic team committed to a championship philosophy that underscores the genuine belief in and potential of all individuals. Our employees are among the organization's most valuable assets and resources and, collectively, we share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and opening the doors to opportunity is where it all begins!
As the Technology Instructor you will work with students and consumers who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, & DeafBlind and you will be responsible for implementing each student's goal and documenting progress in ECM. You will work with other instructors to ensure each student receives appropriate instruction in the area of technology. You will partake in the evaluation team, feedback and program review meetings with prepared documents on your students' progress.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Information Technology, Business, Deaf Education or related fields.
- Provide documentation on professional experience in assistive technology, computer science, computer technology, education/teaching, rehabilitation instruction, information technology training or related fields.
- Minimum of three work experience in assistive technology including computer service and maintenance.
- Must possess advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Must have experience in the use of assistive technology (AT) for individuals who are Deaf, hard of hearing, Blind, Low Vision and/or DeafBlind.
- Must provide documents of experience working with individuals who are Deaf and hard of hearing.
- Must possess a Sign Language Proficiency Interview (SLPI) of INTERMEDIATE according to the AIDB SLPI evaluation upon hire.
- Must provide documentation of sign language proficiency evaluation (SCPI available through AIDB).
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Deaf Education or related fields.
- Minimum of two years of working with Deaf and hard of hearing consumers in the field of technology.
- Knowledge of Assistive Technology including a background in the use of CCTVs, screen magnifiers, screen readers and Braille devices.
- Must obtain a SLPI score of ADVANCED within thirty-six months upon hire date.
- Must demonstrate software knowledge by obtaining MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist) certification within 12 months upon hire date.
- Must be familiar with installing, using, and maintain Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office software.
- Provide instruction to students in the area of Alabama Career Essentials (ACE).
- Must become familiarized with assistive technology designated to accommodate consumers and students who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing and DeafBlind.
- Provide information and resources to consumers about assistive technology.
- Assist with special projects related to AT services as requested.
- Prepare and type monthly progress reports and maintain documentation of services and attendance in ECM.
- Evaluate new incoming students and be able to share report during the Feedback meetings, participate in the weekly Progress Report meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of technology equipment and devices in the classroom.
- Must participate in professional development opportunities related to an understanding of vision, hearing, and dual sensory loss along with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Must be willing to attend ongoing professional development, attend workshops, conferences and other staff development activities.
- Complete AIDB online training on Deafness, Low Vision, DeafBlindness, and Multiple Disabilities within 12 months of hire.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB."
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available-Teachers Retirement System (TRS)
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
SALARY $43,441 - $57,954 Scale D4 Rank 47
Direct deposit is required.
This is an exempt position, not subject to overtime or compensatory provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 9, 2024
Click Below to Apply:
https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=4854426&targetURL=DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 9, 2024
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=16156&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency