This ad is expired.
R-9749 Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialist (Primarily serving the EH Gentry Facility) -RISE Autism Program
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R-9749 Reference# 1183245515
Posting Date: November 21, 2023
Candidates with sensory loss/dual sensory loss are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for disabled individuals. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION:Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialist (Primarily serving the EH Gentry Facility)
RISE Autism Program
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime, from birth to senior adulthood. AIDB includes five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Decatur, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Opelika, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Muscle Shoals with programs that range from early and senior intervention to traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
RISE Autism is a program uniquely designed for students and individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Sensory Loss. RISE, which stands for Reaching Independence through Supported Education, uses evidence-based strategies to foster skills that lead to independence. These skills include communication, social interaction, vocational and career training, and life skills.
You will play a vital role in the program development and quality improvement of the RISE Autism program within AIDB. You will provide continuous guidance, support, and monitoring over comprehensive educational services to individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Your position will also assist the Program Coordinator and the Board Certified Behavior Analyst with the coordination of services.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Collaborative/Special Education, Deaf Education, or a related social service or education field from an accredited college or university.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, exercising discretion and good judgment.
- Must maintain high ethical standards and confidentiality throughout all duties.
- Must have a work history demonstrating the ability to motivate, align efforts, set goals, delegate, and monitor effectively.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, administrators and support personnel in a team approach to solving individual student behavior problems.
- Complete Registered Behavior Technician training through Florida Institute for Technology (FIT) or a program identified by RISE Autism (BACB certification not required).
- Provide resources, behavior support, group counseling, and instructional methodology for students, staff, caregivers, and partnering agencies.
- Compile, review, and analyze student data and documentation to support positive student outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with AIDB K12 Instructional Programs, EHG and AIDB Regional Centers Case Managers and Job Developers, Special Projects, and other providers.
- Conduct classroom and on-the-job observations, providing coaching and consultation with employers, teachers and parents, based on behavior analytic principles.
- Administer testing, evaluations and assessment services to students to support IEP and IPP goal development.
- Attend workshops, conferences and other staff professional development opportunities, traveling by air and/or car up to 10% annually (with some occasional overnight stays).
- Required to possess a valid driver's license and be eligible to be insured by AIDB insurance carriers.
- Must demonstrate competency in reading and writing Braille by scoring 80% or better on the AIDB Braille Skills Assessment Inventory within thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first twelve (12) months of employment, and INTERMEDIATE within the first thirty-six (36) months.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB.
SALARY: $42,135- $63,375 Scale D4 Rank 53
$53,431 $71,276 Scale D4 Rank 54
Direct Deposit Required
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
Deadline for Application: December 5, 2023
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=16034&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency