This ad is expired.
R-9750 Part-Time General Labor Worker Physical Plant -Work Schedule as needed not to exceed 29 hours a week
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R-9750 Reference #118570585505
Posting Date: November 21, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
POSITION: Part-Time General Labor Worker - Physical Plant
Work Schedule - as needed not to exceed 19
- High School Diploma or GED or 3 years experience in landscaping and/or construction required.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid current Alabama Drivers License and be eligible to be covered by AIDB insurance carrier.
- Ability to operate grounds maintenance equipment such as shovels, pick, broom, rake, weed eater, lawnmowers and hedge clippers.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB.
- Assist physical plant carpenters and MEP Workers in task assigned.
- Assist in moving of furniture and set up of tables, chairs and equipment for special events.
- General cleaning including but not limited to pressure washing, gutter cleaning and deep cleaning of tile.
- Hand demolition work.
- Grounds work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $14.95 - $17.54 per hour Scale C5 Rank 31
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 30,2024 Direct deposit is required.
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=16035&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency