This ad is expired.
R-9753 Director, Curriculum, Instruction and Accreditation Reports to: Chief Educational Programs Officer, AIDB Location: Talladega, Alabama
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
Posting Date: November 27, 2023
Candidates with sensory loss/dual sensory loss are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for disabled individuals. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Director, Curriculum, Instruction and Accreditation
Reports to: Chief Educational Programs Officer, AIDB
Location: Talladega, Alabama
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are Deaf, Blind, Deaf Blind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime, from birth to senior adulthood. AIDB includes five campuses in Talladega, ten regional centers located in Birmingham, Decatur, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Opelika, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Muscle Shoals with programs that range from early and senior intervention to traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
- Master's degree in education with a valid Alabama Teaching Certificate for K-12.
- Experience with principles and practices involving the implementation of a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to preschool and childcare.
- Knowledgeable of cultural and socio-economic issues relevant to providing appropriate services to special populations.
- Knowledgeable of how student learning is influenced by individual experiences, talents, and prior learning, as well as language, culture, family, and community values.
- Experience with "Head Start" Performance Standards.
- Minimum of five years supervisory and teaching experience in K-12 or related programs with emphasis on curriculum planning, staff training and program development.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must demonstrate English proficiency
- Demonstrates good computer skills and a working knowledge of database systems.
- Ability to physically care for the needs of the children in the classroom.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to organize, set priorities, and exercise sound independent judgment within areas of assigned responsibility.
- Must obtain a sign language proficiency of Survival according to AIDB evaluation within 12 months of employment in the position.
- Responsible for the oversight of the curricular component in all K-12 educational program areas
- Responsible for accreditation of the all three K-12 programs and monitoring the data to ensure status.
- Learns and adheres to the philosophy and mandates of AIDB outlined Performance Standards, licensing requirements, and AIDB Policies and Procedures.
- Assists with planning and designing programs and systems to accommodate current needs and future expansion.
- Serves as an advocate for quality programs for children and families.
- Provides oversight for and on-going monitoring of the education component of the K-12 programs to ensure AIDB policy and procedures and state licensing requirements are met.
- Supervises Principals, Educational Staff and monitors the completion of assigned tasks.
- Collaborates with K-12 Principals of component areas to help ensure that services are integrated into one comprehensive program.
- Ensures the consistency of monitoring tools and documentation used across all program areas.
- Collaborates with K-12 Principals and Educational Staff, Professional Development to facilitate practice-based coaching.
- Oversees the process to select and adapt curricula that is consistent with the needs of each student population.
- Adheres to AIDB Performance Standards and early childhood development theory.
- Reviews and provide updates annually to AIDB Vice President.
- Demonstrates a commitment to and understanding of the School Readiness Plan and the Education Content Plan by serving as a resource to staff.
- Leads regularly scheduled individual/group educational staff meetings and completes performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with management, clients, representatives of community organizations, local districts and other staff members.
- Analyzes student assessment reports and provides feedback to K-12 Principals and educational staff on training needs, curriculum instruction and program design.
- Responsible for the submission of monthly reports to AIDB Chief Education Programs Officer.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining accreditation at all AIDB K-12 schools
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring all data to support accreditation at all AIDB K-12 schools.
- Responsible for ensuring all AIDB K-12 programs are compliant through the Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA) for all areas in athletics.
- Oversees the integration of K-12 Athletic programs across campuses and their adherence to AHSAA guidelines.
- Reviews and approves program expenses under purview of responsibilities; seeks additional approval as required.
- Responsible for the overall safety of each child in AIDB K-12 programs.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB.
SALARY: $72,239 - $122,762 Scale A1 Rank 03 260 Days
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
Deadline for Application: December 11, 2023
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=16043&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency