This ad is expired.
R-9754 Driver/Clerical Aide -Dothan Regional Center Office of Field Services
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R-9754 Reference: 686005252000
Posting Date: November 27, 2023
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Driver/Clerical Aide
Dothan Regional Center | Office of Field Services
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime including five campuses in Talladega and a statewide network of regional centers with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings, and a manufacturing facility that is the state's largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization's most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our Mission makes AIDB a unique place to work. The Driver/Clerical Aide is an integral part of the Huntsville Regional Center team. This role provides direct services and support throughout the counties served by the Huntsville Regional Center. Responsibilities included transporting staff and consumers, making deliveries, and providing clerical support. The ideal candidate is one who is flexible, self-motivated, possesses good organizational skills, and excels in a fast-paced team environment.
You will play a vital role to ensure that AIDB's culture is reinforced and that employees feel connected, recognized and proud to be a part of the Institute. You will play a vital role in the lives of our consumers and be a part of the miracles that happen every day at AIDB. This will be accomplished by demonstrating flexibility, a positive attitude, and professional maturity.
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Alabama Driver's License and have and maintain auto insurance.
- Must be able to be insured by AIDB insurance carrier.
- Must possess good driving record with no record of DUI. Record will be checked for previous 5 years.
- Must have clean and reliable transportation.
- Must pass AIDB drug screening process.
- Must have the ability to obtain and follow driving directions accurately and safely.
- Must have proven computer and software experience equivalent to Google G-Suite including Calendar, Sheets, Docs, and Drive.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including early morning, nights, and weekends.
- Must have a past work record which demonstrates a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must be flexible in dealing with work assignments and unexpected interruptions.
- Must demonstrate ability to take initiative, anticipate problems, follow through and meet established deadlines.
- Must demonstrate pleasant telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must possess a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must have a strong attendance record
- .Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
- Must obtain a valid Alabama Bus Driver's License within the first 12 months of employment.
- Must obtain wheelchair lift and securement certification within (12) months of employment.
- A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first thirty-six (36) months of employment.
- Must complete Orientation to Blindness Training within the first 30 days of employment.
- Transport Birmingham Regional Center staff who are blind and visually impaired.
- Transport AIDB consumers.
- Complete and turn in all required documentation in accordance with AIDB policies and procedures.
- Perform clerical duties, such as reception, data entry, copying, sorting mail, and answering and routing phone calls.
- Conduct daily operations of the Consumer Store including sales, inventory, and deposits.
- Provide assistance to consumers and staff as necessary.
- Assist with special events.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Director.
SALARY: $15.38- $17.94 Rank C5 Scale 32
260 Days; Direct deposit is required; bi-monthly payroll
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Health, dental, and vision insurance available
- TRS retirement
- Deferred compensation options available
- Paid time off
- 13 paid holidays
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: December 11, 2023
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=16042&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency