This ad is expired.
R-9803 Groundsman II-Talladega -Central Maintenance Services / Physical Plant Department
Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind
Click Below to Apply:
R- 9803 Reference #1185570585505
Posting Date: February 9, 2024
Candidates who are blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB's efforts to create opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world's most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are Deaf, Blind, DeafBlind and multidisabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
POSITION: Groundsman II-Talladega
Central Maintenance Services / Physical Plant Department
DEFINITION: This is a skilled position involving all phases of grounds work; emphasis may be in a particular area such as plants, turf, or equipment. Supervision is not required while performing tasks.
- Must possess a valid State of Alabama Driver License and be able to be insured by the AIDB insurance carrier.
- Must have completed at least 8th grade.
- Must have training and/or two (2) years of related work experience.
- Must have physical ability to perform assigned duties.
- Must have general knowledge of grounds maintenance.
- Must have experience in operating all size equipment.
- Must have landscaping skills.
- Must be able to work unsupervised on assigned tasks.
- Must have the ability to understand and implement written and oral instructions
- Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
- Routine Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
Operating push mowers
Operating light tractor
Operating heavy equipment
Planting shrubs and trees
Moving furniture, etc.
Other duties related to grounds-keeping
- Must maintain all the grounds for AIDB in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Grounds Foreman and Director of Physical Plant
SALARY: $14.04 - $16.29 C5 Rank 28
Direct deposit is required; bi-monthly payroll
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 23, 2024
This position is funded by a grant award, funded by revenue generated, necessary for compliance or provides direct service delivery.
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
Click Below to Apply:
To apply, please visit: https://www.aidb.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=3073&ViewID=7b97f7ed-8e5e-4120-848f-a8b4987d588f&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=16227&PageID=1469
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency